Saturday, January 14, 2012

Timing

Now that I'm dating again I'm faced with the question or issue of "timing".   I've heard people say that unfortunately the timing just wasn't right for their relationship to occur, but then later I often hear those same people expressing regret over having missed an opportunity that may have provided them with the best relationship of their life.

It's certainly a difficult concept.  However, having been through divorce myself and experienced various levels of relationships, from "fine", to "good but not great", to downright bad, I'm more apt to believe that even though timing may not be right, sometimes you have to have the courage to pursue something that will be better for the rest of your life, instead of what is good and safe at the moment.

Unfortunately that leaves me with the dilemma of what I'm expecting out of dating again....is it something for fun, just for the moment, or is it something I do in pursuit of a real relationship, at the expense of giving up on another possibility that seems like it would be so great?   Unfortunately, and quite expectantly, I don't have the answer at the moment! But it's definitely something to ponder and consider as I move forward.

However, for the time being I'll venture back to fantasy land, to avoid confusing realities.  So I am going to write a fantasy about Miss E that I will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment